Monday, April 11, 2011

Danielle: 1920s Barrister's Ball


So I mentioned last week that I would be attending a 1920s ball on Saturday night...here are the photos! The event was officially called the "Barrister's Ball"- I went with my boyfriend who attends a law school in California. Who knew that barrister meant lawyer? Haha.


Please excuse the "prom" photos.
Since my dress was a $6 steal at Goodwill, I decided to splurge a little on my hair. I went to the GL Salon in Redlands and I loved the results. It may have taken 3 hours to do, but I'm glad I paid someone else to mess with it so I didn't have to.




Here are some close ups of my accessories.




They had a photo booth so we snapped a few photos in there.




 So the boyfriend and I had a really great time, however, no one else at the ball was dressed to match the theme! There were over 250 people at this event, and I saw maybe ONE other person in a 1920s getup. I was a little disappointed in the rest of those law students, but hey, I love a good theme party even if I am the only one dressed for the occasion.

2 comments:

Veronica said...

Cuteeee!!! I love the photos!!! :)

sherri lynn said...

oh you look so pretty! themed parties are so fun. even if you were one of the only ones who followed it - good for you!